Before you apply to the University of Lucerne, please read these instructions.
Please note the application deadlines, especially for applications from abroad.
The general requirements for admission to the degree programme are set out in the admission guidelines of the University of Lucerne. Before you start the online application, find out whether you fulfil the admission guidelines and prepare the requested documents as PDF-files.
The following degree programmes only start in the fall semester
- Bachelor Psychologie
- Diplom RPI Religionspädagogik
- Master Medizin
- Master Health Sciences
- Master Ethik
Please prepare the following documents for uploading
- Passport photograph (Portrait photo)
- Copy of passport or identity card
- Copy of residence permit (only for foreigners residing in Switzerland)
Qualifications (can be filed subsequently)
- Higher secondary school leaving certificate or other qualifications
- Proof of German language competence (only for non-native speakers,
however not applicable for "Health Sciences" and "MA Philosophy, Theology and Religions")
- Certificates from the last three years of school (for foreign school-leaving certificates)
Previous studies (can be filed subsequently)
- Degree Certificate and Diploma Supplement (Bachelor and Master)
- Official Transcripts of records (overview of the course modules) with Faculty signature and stamp
- Confirmation of De-registration (Ex-matriculation) (only if you have studied at a Swiss University or Swiss University of Applied Sciences before)
- Clearance certificate from the relevant examination secretariat (non-exclusion certificate) for a discontinued degree programme
- Proof of study place, if this is required according to the admission guidelines
- Up-to-date Curriculum vitae in tabular form
Additional conditions for enrollment Bachelor Psychology
For applications with a foreign educational background, proof of enrollment in psychology from a recognised university (with the right to award doctorates, not a distance learning university) is mandatory. This must not be older than one year. See Admission Bachelor Psychology
Additional conditions for enrollment for the Master in Economics and Management
Students with a university entrance qualification that was not obtained in Switzerland, Germany, Austria, France or Italy must present a GMAT or a GRE test. See Admission Master in Economics and Management
Additional conditions for doctorate (can be filed subsequently)
- Confirmation of supervision (Law School, Faculty of Theology
and Faculty of Economics and Management)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Supervision agreement form (Graduate School of Humanities and Social Sciences, see Downloads on choosing Application)
- Supervision agreement for PhD from Faculty of Health Sciences and Medicine
- Supervision agreement for Medicine from Faculty of Health Sciences and Medicine Additional registrations abroad: State/university confirmation of medical degree, MEBEKO cover letter, MEBEKO confirmation of recognition
During the registration process, you will be asked to create a SWITCH edu-ID. After enrolling, you can use the edu-ID to log on to the online platforms of the University of Lucerne.
Completion of the online registrationThe application is only deemed to have been submitted once the application fee (CHF 100.00) has been paid and the complete documents have been uploaded. The registration fee for all study levels and study programmes is CHF 100.00, after the regular deadline an additional late registration fee of CHF 150.00 will be charged. You can pay either directly by credit card or by post/bank wire. For payments by post/bank wire, the payment slip has to be uploaded and the finalization button needs to be pressed afterwards.
Important: After completing your application, you will receive a confirmation by e-mail
If you do not receive such an email subsequently, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org