You can apply from mid-February on for the fall semester
and from mid-September on for the spring semester.
Please check our admission guidelines and verify the application deadlines
before you start the application process.
Former students of the University of Lucerne please submit one of these forms
First time applicants have to go through the online application process
and need to upload the following documents electronically:
- Passport size photograph
- Copy of passport or identity card
- Copy of residence permit (only for foreigners residing in Switzerland)
Qualifications (can be filed subsequently)
- Higher secondary school leaving certificate or other qualifications
- Proof of German language competence (only for non-native speakers,
however not applicable for "Health Sciences")
Previous studies (can be filed subsequently)
- Degree Awards (BA, MA)
- Transcripts of records (overview of the course modules)
- Confirmation of ‘ex-matriculation’ (only if you have studied at a Swiss University
or Swiss University of Applied Sciences before)
Additionally for doctorate (can be filed subsequently)
- Confirmation of supervision (Law School, Faculty of Theology
and Faculty of Economics and Management)
- Curriculum Vitae (for all Faculties)
- Supervision agreement form (Graduate School of Humanities and Social Sciences,
see Downloads on choosing Application)
During the registration process, you will be asked to create a SWITCH edu-ID. After enroling, you can use the edu-ID to log on to the online platforms of the University of Lucerne.
Finalization of the Online Application
On the very last page of the online application process the payment of the application fee is required.
The application fee is CHF 100.00 for all study levels and study programs.
You can pay either directly by credit card or by post/bank wire. For payments by post/bank wire,
the payment slip has to be uploaded and the finalization button needs to be pressed afterwards.
Important: After the successful completion of the application process,
you will receive a confirmation by e-mail from the Student Administration Office.
If you do not receive such an email subsequently, please contact us: email@example.com